Marshawn Lynch isn’t a fan of his upcoming biopic.
According to a Wednesday report from TMZ Sports, the Seahawks running back is demanding wholesale changes to “Family First: The Marshawn Lynch Story” before it’s released to the public.
Earlier this week, a strange promotional trailer for the movie was released, to mixed reviews. Lynch, according to TMZ, was upset with the sound, editing, lighting and that it didn’t look like a “big budget Hollywood affair.”
His representatives met Wednesday with the film’s director, Mario Bobino, and asked him to take down the almost five-minute clip until the movie is improved. As of Thursday afternoon, it was no longer available.
Bobino didn’t seem pleased, saying that Lynch, the film’s star, is hurting his fellow actors, some of which are Lynch’s family members.
“I’ve known Marshawn his whole life,” he told TMZ. “All of the sudden, he’s mad at me and now doesn’t want the film to see the light of day. I’m upset by this because he fully committed to see the project through and now he wants out.”
The director said he’s going to release the film “no matter what.” They’ve yet to set a date.
“I’m just upset and disappointed in Marshawn,” Bobino said. “Why are you afraid for the world to know who you really are? By blocking the film, it screws his mom and brother. Get out of that shell dude!”