The University of Washington will face three teams that made the most recent NCAA men’s hoops tournament in the Huskies’ non-conference portion of the 2017-18 schedule released Tuesday. It includes 11 home contests (including an exhibition), and three road games.
Washington will take on Saint Martin’s Nov. 2 in the exhibition, kicking off three consecutive home contests. The first regular-season game will be against Belmont Nov. 10, followed by a meeting with Eastern Washington Nov. 12.
The Huskies then head to New York City to take part in the 2K Sports Classic benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project at Madison Square Garden. They face Providence in the first round Nov. 16 and either Virginia Tech or Saint Louis in the second game Nov. 17. Both games will be televised on ESPN2. Washington last competed in the 2K Sports Classic during the 2013-14 season.
UW returns home for four consecutive games starting with cross-town rival Seattle University Nov. 24. Washington will play UC Davis Nov. 26, Kennesaw State Nov. 28 and Nebraska-Omaha Dec. 3.
The Huskies will play Kansas Dec. 6 in Kansas City, MO. This is the first meeting between the programs since 2008. UW will host in-state foe Gonzaga Dec. 10.
WASHINGTON’S NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
- Thursday, Nov. 2: Saint Martin’s (exhibition)
- Sunday, Nov. 12: Eastern Washington
- Thursday, Nov. 16: Providence (2K Sports Classic, Madison Square Garden)
- Friday, Nov. 17: Virginia Tech/Saint Louis (2k Sports Classic, Madison Square Garden)
- Friday, Nov. 24: Seattle U
- Sunday, Nov. 26: UC Davis
- Tuesday, Nov. 28: Kennesaw State
- Sunday, Dec. 3: Nebraska-Omaha
- Wednesday, Dec. 6: Kansas (Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO.)
- Sunday, Dec. 10: Gonzaga
- Sunday, Dec. 17: Loyola Marymount
- Tuesday, Dec. 19: Bethune-Cookman
- Thursday, Dec. 21: Montana